Top 13 Things to consider when looking for a DJ for your wedding
1. MEET BEFORE YOU BOOK! The most important thing to do is to meet with your DJ BEFORE you book them to see if they are a good fit for you. Are they the type of person / personality you like and that reflects your style? Are they someone you want to have around you on your wedding day?
2. A GOOD LISTENER – A good DJ will take the time to listen to and find out what’s important to you even before you commit to a booking!
3. ABILITY TO READ A CROWD – Ability to read the room and choose the right music (classics and bangers), at the right time, at the right volume. This ability is learnt over years and years of entertaining at weddings, a combination of experience and a sixth sense of what works!
4. INTERACTION – Does the DJ just play music or does he ‘step out’ from behind the console and engage with and encourage your family and friends to be APART of the fun and entertainment of your wedding day? Not all your guests know each other so often they’ll need a hand to mingle and get involved on and off the dance floor.
5. THE RIGHT SKILLS – Does the DJ have the skills and experience to get you the best VALUE for your money? Project management (organised, punctual), effective communicator (reply to your calls and emails quickly) and wedding experience as a wedding DJ is paramount to the efficient ‘running’ of your day and will ultimately determine the VALUE you receive.
6. PRESENTATION & ETIQUETTE – Both the DJ and their equipment need to look, act and be professional at all times before, during and after your wedding. You have spent a lot of time, money and effort getting the right result so make sure your DJ looks and acts the part.
7. ATTITUDE – Does your DJ have a great/positive attitude? Weddings days are the culmination of months/years of planning and are emotional for lots of people attending your wedding, you and your family and friends. You need a DJ with a great attitude; it is essential.
8. FLEXIBLE – You have planned with your celebrant, photographer, venue and other suppliers a well thought out timeline / plan for your wedding and planning is paramount but on the day, all plans are subject to change. When it rains you have a plan B. But what if the wedding cake starts to collapse/melt because when it was delivered to the reception venue it was put in the fridge instead of being stored at room temperature, or vice versa? It’s not what happens, it’s what your suppliers do about it that is most important!
9. HOW TO SAVE $$$ – MC’S & PHOTO BOOTHS – If your DJ has the right experience and ‘skill set’ he can save you a ton of money by being your MC. One person can do both roles if they have lots of the right kind of experience. Getting a second person who isn’t already at your reception (i.e. A second person/ DJ or celebrant) to be MC will cost extra; another charge you can do without.
Think of it like this, the average wedding in 2018/19 cost approx $25k, the average wedding reception was 5 hours long (not including the ceremony). Â That means that the average cost of a wedding could be expressed as costing $83.33 / minute. Your MC is responsible for getting you the best VALUE on your wedding day.
Are you having a Photobooth? Find a DJ with a Photobooth. Instead of paying for 2 businesses you’ll get better value from booking one to do both! It just makes sense!
10. ATMOSPHERE – Does the DJ listen to you and understand what type of atmosphere you want at the different times throughout your wedding? And can they deliver that atmosphere thru music, sound and lighting as apart of their service?
11. UNDER PROMISE, OVER DELIVER – Will the DJ add and do things extra to what they have told you they would do? Will the DJ do whatever it takes to ensure your wedding day is better than you ever thought possible? I say I’m willing to move mountains and do whatever it takes to make your wedding day great!
12. GENUINE CARE – Does the DJ genuinely care and is passionate about the outcome of your wedding day? Or is it just another gig? Is the DJ emotionally committed to getting you the best outcome you have dreamed and planned for?
13. AUTHENTIC – Why is the DJ a DJ? Do they really LOVE everything about weddings, especially the people, or is it just a way to make a few extra dollars on the weekend? The later is ok if the former is paramount!
Now here comes the SEO advertisement 🙂 Paul and Nathan Collier (thats us) are the DJ I MC and is Head of Guest Interaction & Dancing I Creators of Photobooth Fun I Capturing on screen Candid moments I Dance on a Cloud FX I Your Name in Lights Monogram Projections I Atmosphere Lighting Design. Brisbane – Sunshine Coast – Maleny – Montville – Noosa – Gold Coast – Byron Bay – Kingscliff – Toowoomba – Warwick – Fraser & Moreton Islands – All over the great South East Hinterland and beyond! Australia & New Zealand. DJ I Disc Jockey MC Master of Ceremonies I Photobooth Entertainment Hire Service since 1981. m 0410 587 221 e [email protected] LIKE us on Facebook or go to www.professionaldjs.com.au
P.S. We especially love travelling all over Queensland and New South Wales. ‘Hec’, we’ll go anywhere for a wedding in Brisbane – Sunshine Coast – Gympie – Byron – Rainbow Beach – Sandstone Point – Toowoomba – Noosa – Byron – Gatton – Maleny – Warwick – Montville – Ballina – Hervey Bay – Flaxton – The Hunter Valley – Mapleton – Taree – Sandstone Point – Agnes Waters – Oceanview – Sandstone Point – Caloundra – Gold Coast – Lochinvar… did I mention the Sunshine Coast! Don’t pay too mush for your wedding DJ to Photobooth.
#colliersentertainment #brisbaneweddings #sunshinecoastwedding #sunshinecoastweddings #malenyweddings #montvileweddings #noosaweddings #sunshinecoasthinterland #sunshinecoasthinterlandweddings #twinwatersweddings #toowoobaweddings #goldcoastweddings #bribieislandweddings #sunshinecoastphotobooth #Malenyphotobooth #montvillephotobooth #caloundraphotobooth #brisbanephotobooth #goldcoastphotobooth #weddingdj #weddingmc #sunshinecoastweddingdj #sunshinecoastweddingdjs #danceflooractio
Sunshine Coast Celebrant/Photography Packages – Noosa Celebrant/Photography Packages – Wedding Celebrant Sunshine Coast – Noosa Celebrant – Destination Weddings – Sunshine Coast Wedding Celebrant – Marriage Celebrants Sunshine Coast – Celebrant –Wedding Celebrant Sunshine Coast – Best Noosa Marriage Celebrant – Noosa Civil Celebrant – Noosaville Celebrant – Sunshine Beach Weddings – Mooloolaba Celebrant – Coolum Celebrant – Flaxton Celebrant – Noosa Celebrant – Montville Weddings – Montville Celebrants – Caloundra Wedding Celebrant – Mooloolaba Celebrant – Noosa Beach Weddings – Coolum Marriage Celebrant – Hinterland Celebrant – Noosa Wedding Celebrants – Sunshine Coast Hinterland Celebrant – Fun Wedding Celebrants – Elegant Marriage Celebrant – Modern Wedding Celebrant – Noosa Heads Celebrant – Sunshine Coast Celebrant Prices – Most Popular Sunshine Coast Celebrants – Noosa Elopement Packages – Elope to Noosa Celebrant – Eloping – small Wedding Events Noosa – Small Wedding Events Noosa – Same Sex Marriages – Equally Wed Celebrant – Noosa Wedding Planner – Renewal of Vows – Naming Ceremonies – Boho Luxe Weddings – Boho Bride – How to plan a cheap wedding – Budget weddings – Ceremony Styling Décor – Wedding Styling – Awesome Celebrants – Easy Weddings – Best Celebrants – Noosa Foreshore – Visit Noosa – Noosa Wedding Stylists – Pop Up Weddings – Noosa Wedding Specialists – Sunshine Coast Elopements – Sunshine Coast Wedding Planners – Montville Elopements – Sunshine Coast Wedding Stylists – Noosa Wedding Inspiration – Queensland Bride – Alexandra Headland Celebrant – Sunshine Coast Wedding Planner